Dear NTCI Alumni:
As the Covid-19 situation continues to unfold, members of the North Toronto community and I feel it is necessary that we do our part while healthcare professionals across the country continue to risk their lives for our safety.
A few of my friends from Dartmouth have created a campaign in the USA called Fuel Our Heroes to raise money for healthcare professionals on the frontline.
This campaign has raised over $200,000 and that total is growing by the day. I, along with the help of fellow members of the NTCI Class of 2018, have decided to bring the campaign to Toronto.
The Fuel Our Heroes Toronto campaign has partnered with Sunnybrook Hospital, to gather donations for their COVID-19 Research Response Fund. This fund will use the money we raise to buy protective equipment, groceries, and gas cards for the hard-working staff who are desperately in need of our assistance.
We launched the campaign last week and have raised $3,500. With your help we hope that we can get closer to our goal of raising $10,000.
- Please visit our website, Fuel Our Heroes Toronto , where you can find more information about our campaign as well as a page where you can donate, or you can follow this link directly to the donation page: Donate Now.
- We ask if you could please SHARE this email with the NTCI community in a newsletter or email platform; this is our opportunity to make a difference.
- Your donations are essential to Fuel the Heroes of Toronto.
*We are partnered with Sunnybrook Foundation, a registered charity, and donations over $10 will receive an automatic tax receipt. Charitable Registration No. 899209118R0001*
Thank you for your consideration.
- Basile Montagnese
- Marco Pannozzo
- Matthew Grant
- Gadi Rydlewicz
- Blake Watson
- Olivia O’Brien de la Torre
(Visited 76 times, 1 visits today)
Hope to see you at the upcoming Annual NTAC Fundraiser on April 23rd 2020 @ 7pm! We have two great NT Alumni Speakers lined up for you this year! Come on out to hear RYAN HINDS & ARIELLE DUBISSETTE-BORRICED- both of these great athletes got their start at NTCI!
Here is the ticket link: https://northtoronto.snapd.com/events/view/1309833
Many thanks for your support!
Kirsten Sixt and Michael Colley
(Visited 51 times, 6 visits today)
Calling all members of the Class of ‘69: join us for our 50th anniversary weekend on October 25 & 26! Here are the details:
- Friday afternoon @ 2:00: Join us at our new home field at the school, 17 Broadway Avenue, as our North Toronto Norseman take on their arch-rivals, Malvern. Kick-off is at 2 pm.
- Friday evening @ 6.30: Enjoy an intimate evening at the historic Campbell House Museum, located right by the Osgoode Hall subway station. Renew old acquaintances and swap stories in a congenial setting. There will be a buffet dinner and a cash bar. Cost: $50. Get tickets here: https://bit.ly/2myqDRD.
- Saturday morning @ 11:00: Meet us at the entrance to the school and join us for a tour of the new school (approx. 45 minutes). See how parts of the old façade have been retained and integrated into the new building. Cost: Free. Get tickets here: https://bit.ly/2l7PDim.
- Saturday morning @ 12.00: Meet us at the entrance to the school and join us for a guided walking tour of the area around Yonge and Eglinton (approx. 45 minutes). Cost: Free. Get tickets: https://bit.ly/2n5NEeR.
- Saturday lunch @ 1:00: Join us for lunch at The Duke of Kent pub at the corner of Yonge and Roehampton. (You know you know the corner!) We will have the upstairs room all to ourselves. (You don’t need to have been on the school tour or the walking tour to join us for lunch.) The price includes a buffet lunch. There will be a cash bar. Cost: $25. Get tickets here: https://bit.ly/2ncsJHn.
- Saturday evening: No planned activities; you’re free to get together in smaller groups.
- You need to get tickets for each event you’re planning to attend (other than the football game). While there is no charge for either the tour of the new school or the guided tour, we ask you to register so we have a good idea as to numbers.
- For the ticketed events, please use the links above, as the Eventbrite search only discloses two of the four events.
- If you’re looking for a place to stay, consider the Roehampton Hotel at Mount Pleasant and Roehampton. Subject to availability, you may be able to secure a preferential rate of $149 plus tax (breakfast included – single/double occupancy), but you need to phone the hotel directly (1-800-387-8899) and specifically mention the NTCI 50th reunion.
We’ve posted photos and other information on our reunion blog: https://ntci1969reunion.blogspot.com/. We’ll post more, so check it regularly. Questions? Contact email@example.com. We look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible!
(Visited 123 times, 4 visits today)
Football players, coaches, managers and trainers from 1968-1970 are invited to two special events in conjunction with the Class of ’69 reunion activities on October 25-26:
- Friday afternoon @ 2:00: Join your former teammates at our new NTCI home fieldl, 17 Broadway Avenue, as our North Toronto Norseman take on their arch-rivals, Malvern. Kick-off is at 2 pm.
- Saturday evening @ 6.30: Dine with former team members in Greek Town. Invitees include former NT football and hockey Coach Bob “Spider” Awrey, now an internationally ranked tennis player for his age group.
Please contact Glen Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to attend either or both events or if you have any questions. If you know of any other players who might want to attend please forward their name, telephone number, and/or email address to Glen.
(Visited 64 times, 2 visits today)
Whether on the field, on the ice, or in the pool, NT has enjoyed success for many years. However, we need more resources to keep that tradition alive.
The North Toronto Athletics Committee (NTAC) was formed three years ago to meet that need. Made up of NT alumni, staff, and parents, NTAC’s mission is to connect the past with the present and build towards the future. It has raised over $10,000 since forming, and has helped purchase equipment for the weight room and team uniforms, as well as cover tournament fees.
But there is more to do.
Come to our next meeting on November 25 at 6.30 p.m. at NTCI Room 251 or contact Michael Colley at email@example.com to find out how you can support our athletes!
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)
Do you remember the words of our school song?
Hail North Toronto! was a key feature of this year’s Red & Grey Day, NT’s annual celebration of athletics and school spirit. This year, each home form picked a theme to celebrate, then decorated their classroom and dressed up according to that theme. Each class sang the school song, and the different versions were then pulled together into two (mostly) spirited videos. Follow along with students in grades 9 and 12 and grades 10 and 11.
October 10 also featured assemblies, a hot dog BBQ lunch, and a performance from the school band. Of course, the day’s main attraction was a packed sports schedule, with students being dismissed early to watch different teams play throughout the day. A great day for NT sports, as the school won or tied every game: two field hockey, two boys volleyball, girls ultimate, girls basketball, boys soccer, and a football game.
(Visited 79 times, 2 visits today)
The North Toronto Foundation has launched the Norse Club, a new monthly giving program. Whether it’s $50, $25 or $10, your monthly monetary gift that will help the Foundation continue its mandate of supporting current students at NT by providing scholarships and grants. Click here to learn more!
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)
A 1989 reunion will be held on Saturday June 22 at 5pm at the Rose and Crown . More details to follow.
(Visited 125 times, 1 visits today)
To celebrate “50 Years Later”, exciting plans
are in the works to hold a Class of ’69 reunion this coming October. At this point the exact timing
and location of the event is TBD although the tentative plan is to hold a
dinner event at a Toronto venue and include a visit to the new school.
To make sure you don’t miss out, watch the
NTCI Foundation website for more information and/or contact any of the
(Visited 270 times, 1 visits today)
Cancelled for 2019
(Visited 106 times, 1 visits today)