Online donations to the NTCI Foundation can be made through CanadaHelps.org.
- Simply click on “Donate Now” below to make a donation right now through the CanadaHelps.org secure site. Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) approved tax receipts will be issued within minutes by e-mail.
- Donations to specific school clubs or sports can be made through the Foundation. Just include a note with your donation. (Please follow up with the staff advisor/coach to ensure the funds are transferred to the right school accounts.)
- **NEW** Norse Club – stay tuned for details…
Please note: When you are completing the online donation process, please indicate your graduation year or teaching years in the input box “Message to Charity”.
Need more Information?
Click here to read the most frequently asked questions about online donations.
Donations to The Foundation:
Please consider responding to our ongoing annual requirements and this special opportunity to order a school portrait print (or notecards) of “NTCI 1955” by Barry Bowerman (NT ’67).
Annual Needs of the Foundation
As you know, the Foundation funds scholarships, grants and alumni communications on an ongoing basis. Please consider an on-line donation and register your contact information in our new on-line database.
Our Celebrating Excellence Campaign continues! The trophy case has arrived and now sits proudly near the main entrance of the school, some major trophies have been shined up for display, and students are once again showing interest in these icons of our legacy of excellence, including both the Kerr and Sifton Trophies. We have dedicated the trophy case to Joel Gorenkoff, who exemplified excellence throughout his tenure as principal, especially in the transition to the new school.
This is all thanks to our contributors. Many of you have given in the past, and we appreciate your continued loyalty. And we have had some of our first contributions from graduating classes and local businesses. Some reside in North Toronto while others live far afield, but all recognize the school as a root of their success. This circle of generosity guarantees the sustainability of our organization. But we still need some help. The scholarship fund still needs topping up, so the Foundation has decided to keep this fundraising campaign open until the end of the year. One hundred percent of the donations will go directly to scholarship funds and the modest cost of the trophy case. Generous donors will be acknowledged on a plaque on the trophy case itself, and all contributors of amounts over $25 will receive tax receipts and be acknowledged in the Foundation News.
Naming rights for the trophy case are still available. A donation of $8,000 will win you the right to name the case. An individual, a family, a team or a graduation class may take this unusual opportunity to support the scholarship fund and become part of the NT legacy.
Pentagon Patron: $1,000 and above
Class of 1965 (special thanks to Janice Gillespie), Ken Barclay, Nancy Gale and Doug McFadden, F. Ron Wakelin,
NT Norseman: $500 – $999
Norman Fraser, Michael Guinness, Keefe family, Brian Maltman, Kirsten Sixt and Ian Hull, Vernon G. Turner
Spirit Sponsor: $250 – $499
Paul Allen, Lisa Cain, Russ Donaldson, Mark Kinoshita, Stan Pearl, M. Ann Romeril, Ian Watson, Carole Anne Whelan
You may be wondering what the scholarship fund supports. The Foundation finances a number of scholarships every year at Commencement, some of which were created decades ago and rely on the Foundation for funding. Please mail your gift to the Foundation and specify the Celebrating Excellence Campaign. In the meantime, if you have questions, please email Nancy McFadden. Once again, thank you! We cannot continue excellence without your support.
Red & Grey Spirit Campaign
The campaign has ended; although there are still opportunities for getting a group together to reach the “Builder” level (see 2010 Newsletter article on the Campaign) and thus inscribe a stone in the Heritage Court.
About the Red & Grey Spirit Campaign
Launched in 2008 and completed in December 2010, the Campaign exceeded it’s $300,000 target and raised $319,314 from over 500 generous donors.
The campaign has funded a number of projects to bring our collective heritage to life in the new NTCI. These include:
- Heritage room: Meeting room for up to 25 people, featuring heritage and media displays.
- Custom heritage displays: Permanent display panels and cases honouring generations of NT grads: scholars, athletes, musicians, and soldiers who gave their lives for Canada.
- Media displays: Computer-controlled monitors showing short, looped historical presentations including movies of school activities over the past 80 years, now preserved in digital form.
- Archive room: A secure room next to the Heritage room to preserve NTCI’s history.
- Inscribed paving stones, school motto, a historic plaque and furniture for the school’s interior heritage court.
- Scoreboard and “NTCI” lettering in the endzones of the new field.
NTCI 1955 Building Portrait Prints and Notecards
Order your print(s) and notecards on the order form. No money is required until after we receive your order form and we have determined mailing costs or can arrange local delivery.