Toronto Public Health (TPH), has just announced that all schools in Toronto, including those at the TDSB, will be closed to in-person learning as of Wednesday, April 7, 2021 and remain closed up to and including Sunday, April 18, 2021. This TPH order is being made under Section 22 of Ontario’s Health Protection and Promotion Act in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Daily schedule: We will revert to the adjusted daily schedule which we followed after the winter break until the Family Day week-end.
Update May 10: from Trustee Shelley Laskin’s May 9th update:
- “The Ministry of Education has not yet shared any information regarding a re-opening plan for in-person learning in schools, although Minister Lecce was asked about this by multiple reporters earlier this week.”
- September 2021 – Preliminary Plans
- Ministry is directing that cohorting of students is to continue to limit number of student to student interactions. As such there will be a limit of two classes per day when possible and the planning for pivoting to fully remote must be planned. Our staffing process has already begun for next school year. There will be one opportunity to switch between In Person Learning and Virtual learning for Semester 2
Update May 12 from Trustee Rachel Chernos Lin:
- The remote learning model will look different from most of this year, there is no central Virtual School.
- the high school schedule will again be divided up in Quadmesters, with two courses at a time (September – Mid November; Mid-November – January; February – mid-April; Mid-April – June). However, we do not know what the daily schedule will look like, as we have not been given parameters regarding size of cohorts. We have been told to expect this guidance to come in August
- a date to switch between virtual and in-school is currently part of the plans, but not until February.