Parent/Student School Entrance Protocol:
From June 8 to June 17, 2020, North Toronto students are able to come into the school to collect any items left behind and return any outstanding school items.
- This process will follow Toronto Public Health physical distancing requirements which means that it will take some time for everyone to have the opportunity to enter the building. We are being as responsible as possible in how we move through the school and that the number of people who can be in our school at a given time is well below what is allowed by Toronto Public Health.
- We appreciate your patience and support as we work through this together.
- Please remember that this is not a compulsory exercise. It is expected that NOT all students will want to collect their things.
All students must complete the self-assessment prior to arriving at the school:
|COVID-19: Have Symptoms or Been Exposed – City of Toronto
Last updated: May 28, 2020 at 5:50 p.m. Toronto Public Health is partnering with COVID Near You to monitor the frequency of COVID-like symptoms in Toronto. Help us learn how symptoms of COVID-19 may be moving through our community by completing a short survey about your current symptoms. Take the Survey Exposed to COVID-19 If […]
School Entry Protocol:
- Students will be allowed entrance in 30 minute windows following the schedule below and must respect all physical distancing procedures.
- Masks MUST be worn to gain entrance to the school and students are expected to bring their own mask.
- No more than 75 students at one time will be allowed entrance into the school.
- Caretakers will indicate physical distancing requirements on the walkway leading to the south main entrance and post signs indicating physical distancing requirements while in the building.
Schedule for June 8 – June 17, 2020
|Mon. June 8||Students in Gr. 9 and 12 with surnames A-B||Students in Gr. 10 and 11 with surnames A-B|
|Tues. June 9||Students in Gr. 9 and 12 with surnames C-D||Students in Gr. 10 and 11 with surnames C-D|
|Wed. June 10||Students in Gr. 9 and 12 with surnames E-H||Students in Gr. 10 and 11 with surnames E-H|
|Thur. June 11||Students in Gr. 9 and 12 with surnames I-L||Students in Gr. 10 and 11 with surnames I-L|
|Fri. June 12||Students in Gr. 9 and 12 with surnames M-O||Students in Gr. 10 and 11 with surnames M-O|
|Mon. June 15||Students in Gr. 9 and 12 with surnames P-R||Students in Gr. 10 and 11 with surnames P-R|
|Tues. June 16||Students in Gr. 9 and 12 with surnames S-U||Students in Gr. 10 and 11 with surnames S-U|
|Wed. June 17||Students in Gr. 9 and 12 with surnames V-Z||Students in Gr. 10 and 11 with surnames V-Z|
Tips to facilitate the process:
- Arrive on the designated date at the designated time and enter via the south foyer main entrance.
- Students must show their student card ID (or other proof of ID) upon entry.
- Students must proceed directly to their lockers and may remain in the building for a maximum of 15 minutes. All students must exit via the north Commons doors.
- Students must exit the school and the school property promptly.
Items to return to the school:
- Commons: will be open for textbook, library book and Phys. Ed. uniform return.
- Auditorium: will be open for musical instrument return.
- Room 227: will be open for Ms. Marquis’ and Ms. Withers’ students to collect art and sketchbooks.
Please ensure that the student’s name is clearly marked on any item that is being returned.
- All other classrooms in the school will remain locked.
- Washrooms on the first floor will remain open.
- Caretakers will identify an area where any items left behind may be retrieved when schools reopen in the fall.
- A date in the fall may be chosen to dispose of or donate anything that has not been claimed. Non-essential items, such as notebooks and pencils, that are not picked up will be discarded.
- Clothing and personal items will be packed up and stored until the fall. We do not take responsibility for any items left in the school over the summer.
Finally, I know this is not the way we expected to end the school year but I appreciate your support in making this process as smooth and efficient as possible. I am already looking ahead to the fall when we can be together again in hopefully a more familiar way.