NTCI closed until January 25 – shifting to remote learning on January 4th
Update: NTCI is closed until at least February 10th. Information about quadmester 3 (starting February 8th) will be provided at some point…
The Government of Ontario announced on December 21st that the province will be moving into the Grey (Lockdown) Zone on Saturday, December 26 to further slow the spread of COVID-19. In Toronto and the rest of Southern Ontario, that lockdown will remain in place for 28 days.
[Link to TDSB notice – also available in many languages]
Elementary Schools – will be closed to students until Monday, January 11
Secondary Schools – closed to students until Monday, January 25. During this time, all in-person schools will be shifting to remote learning.
In-Person Schools: Secondary schools will follow an adjusted timetable similar to a suggested TDSB timetable below.
- The Period 1 class will continue to run from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and will include 150 minutes of synchronous/online learning and 75 minutes of asynchronous/independent work.
- Teachers will begin with synchronous online learning for course 1 at 8:45 a.m. [some teachers will require cohort A & B to attend on day 1]
- Teachers will begin the synchronous online learning for course 2 at 2:00 p.m.
- Teachers will use professional judgement to determine how to schedule synchronous and asynchronous times.
- Please check your on-line course (Google Classroom, Brightspace) for specific course information.
NTAC presents the Gr 9, 10 & 12 Galleries:
The North Toronto Art Council (NTAC) has created virtual art galleries featuring student work:
- Grade 9:
- Grade 10:
- Grade 12: