Timetable Changes 2015-2016
Wednesday, September 2nd
- For all requests: You must have signed permission from a parent/guardian indicating the course(s) you wish to add and/or drop.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Students entering Grades 10, 11, and 12 requiring timetable changes as a result of summer school
- Non-TDSB Public or Separate School Board Courses (eg. TCDSB, YRDSB…) – please bring the original report card with you.
- Private School Courses – you must have your report card sent directly to us by mail or courier. We are unable to add this course to your record and drop the corresponding one until we have received this.
- TDSB Courses – courses taken with our school board appear automatically on your transcript; no report card is required.
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Students entering Grades 10, 11, and 12 with any other timetable change requests
Timetable Change Period: Tuesday, September 8th at 2:00 p.m. until Thursday, September 17th
- Students may request timetable changes during this period through the Guidance Office. These requests will be processed based on the following priority sequence:
- admission pre-requisite required for post-secondary plans,
- change in level (between Applied, Academic, and Enriched),
- summer school credit completed,
- new registrations,
- straight drops (Grade 11 and 12 students may drop courses without penalty up until the Full Disclosure deadline in April),
- and electives.
- All changes are subject to availability.
- Process for Requesting Timetable Changes
- Beginning September 8th, students will be able to make ONE request for an appointment to change their timetable. In the event that a course is full, students will be given the option to have a space on the waiting list. Should a space become available in the requested course, the student will then automatically be placed and an email will be sent indicating that their new timetable is available for pick up.
- Students who wish only to drop a course can come to the Guidance Office Tuesday, September 8th between 2:00 and 3:15 p.m.
Here is your 2015-16 Student Council:
- President – Jack Matthews
- Senior VP – Aris Van Halteren
- Junior VP – Cameron Cawston
- Treasurer – Minjae Kim
- Secretary – Eleni Anastasiadis
- Environmental Minister – Riley Scanlan
- Music Council Pres- Hayley McIlwraith
- Social Convenor – Heather Robertson
- NTAA Female Pres – Jocelyn Rough
- NTAA Male Pres – Jeff McPherson
- June Examination schedule
- Monday, June 22 – Students will have an opportunity to review their exams with their subject teachers from 8:45-9:45 a.m. Please encourage your son or daughter to attend, as this will be the only opportunity to check exam results and resolve any issues that may be present.
- Tuesday, June 23 – Students may check their final marks with their home form teacher 12:30-1:15 p.m. After this, the marks will be final and reflected on the report card. This is particularly important for grade 12 students and university final acceptance.
- Report cards will NOT be mailed home this year at the end of June. They will be available for pick-up ONLY from the main office as follows:
- Friday, June 26 – 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 29 & Tuesday, June 30 – 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Thursday July 2 & Friday, July 3 – 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- LOCKS must be REMOVED by June 23 or they will be cut off (even though you have the same locker for next year)
- Please ensure that ALL textbooks, library books and athletic uniforms have been returned. Have them check their bedrooms and lockers. They may return these materials up until July 10th and again, after August 24th.
NT participated once again in the 7th annual Ontario Secondary Schools Spanish Contest. Over 130 students from 29 schools competed in this rigorous academic contest. Our 6 competitors worked extremely hard and their efforts were rewarded with two 5th place (Yana Boiadji and Melissa Quaye), a 2nd (Marija Askovic) and a 1st place finish (Robert Cabrera)! We are proud to host and display the 1st place trophy for the year until next year’s competition on May 12, 2016. We congratulate all our competitors and many volunteers who made this contest a huge success!