Improvements to the WiFi Login Process
Over the last couple of years, logging in through a web page for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) personal devices has been problematic for many users. IT Services has been working to simplify this login process.
In addition, the two existing Wi-Fi networks (“TDSB-Staff” and “TDSB-Student”) will be consolidated into a new network “TDSB-WIFI.” This change is being done to improve the overall performance of the Wi-Fi networks.
To facilitate this transition, the following changes will take effect on 2 November 2016:
- All BYOD personal devices will be required to connect once to the new Wi-Fi network “TDSB-WIFI” using the Wi-Fi User Guide. If the password changes during the school year, a subsequent connection will be needed.
- During the transition period, “TDSB-Staff” and “TDSB-Student” will remain visible. However, attempting to connect to them will result in a warning message. We expect the transition to the TDSB-WIFI network to be completed by end of November.
- All existing TDSB Board iPads will no longer require staff or students to sign-on.
Students who require support should ask their teacher for assistance.
- Home Forms have received a bag or box to collect food for a local food bank. The remaining classes will get their box soon. The Free the Children Club asks home forms to bring in non-perishable food items.
- The home form that collects the most will win a yummy prize!
- The food will be collected on Friday, November 4th.
Let’s take a BITE out of hunger & poverty and give children some nutritious food to have with their candy.
Kim Withers, Staff Advisor – Free the Children Club
Tuesday, October 25th from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
See: http://ntci.on.ca/event/post-secondary-fair-630-pm-2/ for more details
October 13th is Red & Grey Day & Alumni Homecoming.
- Home Form events in the morning.
- Spirit Assembly (school dismissed at 2:30)
- A variety of games are scheduled throughout the day:
- 8:00 am – Field Hockey – NT (3) vs Humberside (0), tier 1 league game
- 11:30 am – Field Hockey – NT (1) vs UTS (2), exhibition game
- 11:30 am – Varsity Girls Basketball – NT (40) vs CHAT (37), league game (Gym)
- 2:30 pm – Senior Volleyball – NT (2) vs Riverdale (0), league game (Gym)
- 2:30 pm – Senior Football – NT (52) vs Central Tech (0), league game
- 3:45 pm – Junior Volleyball – NT (0) vs Riverdale (2), league game(Gym)
- 4:00 pm – Field Hockey – NT (0) vs East York (4), tier 2 league game
- Oct 14 – Field Hockey – NT (3) vs Marc Garneau (0)
- Alumni reception in the Staff Lounge (rm 229) 1:00 – 5:30
- View the games on the field from the comfort of the Staff Lounge
- Light snacks and Refreshments
- Meet members of the NT Foundation, Student athletes and Current and Retired staff.
- Confirmed coaches include: Mr Johnston, Russell, Beckett, Smith and Doyle
- Self guided tours of the school: check out the glory boards, new trophy cases, alumni courtyard and new facilities.
- Vintage gear will be available in limited quantities. Better still, why not wear one of your old vintage jackets or sweaters or cap or bandana??
- The athletic council (NTAA formerly the BAA & GAA) will be setting up a BBQ with hot dogs for sale by the field come and reconnect with old pals and see red and grey day on our own premises!!! Perhaps the 1976 senior football team, celebrating their 40th anniversary of winning the city championship, will make it to the football game and reception!!
- NTCI Alumni Class (year) Rep Workshop — 4:30 – 5:15
- An informal Post Game Reception at the Granite Brewery (southeast corner of Mt Pleasant and Eglinton with FREE underground parking!) from 5:00 – 7:30.
- Hope you can make it to the homecoming!!!! Spread the word!!