The Government of Ontario announced on December 21st that the province will be moving into the Grey (Lockdown) Zone on Saturday, December 26 to further slow the spread of COVID-19. In Toronto and the rest of Southern Ontario, that lockdown will remain in place for 28 days.
[Link to TDSB notice – also available in many languages]
Elementary Schools – will be closed to students until Monday, January 11
Secondary Schools – closed to students until Monday, January 25. During this time, all in-person schools will be shifting to remote learning.
In-Person Schools: Secondary schools will follow an adjusted timetable similar to a suggested TDSB timetable below.
- The Period 1 class will continue to run from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and will include 150 minutes of synchronous/online learning and 75 minutes of asynchronous/independent work.
- Teachers will begin with synchronous online learning for course 1 at 8:45 a.m. [some teachers will require cohort A & B to attend on day 1]
- Teachers will begin the synchronous online learning for course 2 at 2:00 p.m.
- Teachers will use professional judgement to determine how to schedule synchronous and asynchronous times.
- Please check your on-line course (Google Classroom, Brightspace) for specific course information.