Thursday, October 23, 2014.
Red & Grey Day
- HF judging – 9:00 – 10:10
- Period 5 – 10:15 – 10:45
- Period 6 – 10:50 – 11:15
- Period 8 – 11:20 – 11:45
- Lunch – 11:45 – 12:40
- Period 7 – 12:40 – 2:00
- Spirit Assembly –
- grades 9&11 (12:45)
- grades 10&12 (1:25)
- Spirit Assembly –
- 10:30 – Boys Sr. Volleyball
- 11:15 – Girls Field Hockey
- 2:00 – Boys Sr. Football
3:45– Boys Sr. Soccer – 10 am
- 3:00 – Girls Jr. Basketball
- 4:15 – Senior Girls Basketball
- the Staff Lounge (room 229) on the second floor, overlooking the field, will be available during the day for alumni to watch the games and a chance to mingle with fellow grads!
- self guided tours of the new school will be available throughout the day.
- hopefully many retired and current coaches will be available throughout the day.
- a limited supply of vintage NT athletic uniforms / swag / sweaters will also be available for purchase along with NT scarves!!
- bring your kids, bring your parents!!!!! Please feel free to pass this along to fellow NT grads. GO NT!!!
The staff of NTCI is pleased to invite you to our annual “Mini-Night” on Thursday, September 18th. This evening has been designed to provide you the opportunity to experience an abbreviated version of your son or daughter’s timetable. As you move from classroom to classroom and meet each of your child’s teachers, you will learn about the main features of the course of study, the teacher’s homework expectations, and the evaluation practices and schemata for each class. Although this is not a time for personal interviews, if you wish to speak to a teacher on a more personal level, please feel free to request a mutually convenient time to discuss these issues.
We request that you arrive no later than 6:10 p.m. so that you may pick up your child’s timetable and other information in the Student Commons (they will be available between 6:00 and 6:25 p.m.). Please mark this evening on your calendar and plan to attend.
Please note that general parking in the area of Yonge and Eglinton is always a significant problem. We advise travel by TTC. There is NO parking available at the school.
We look forward to seeing you on September 18th.
Please mark your calendars for the first North Toronto School (Parent) Council meeting of the 2014/15 academic year
WELCOME – MEET THE ADMINISTRATION & TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
Want to know what’s going on at NT? This is your chance! Meet the administrative staff, teacher representatives and executives from the School Parent and Student Councils. The new School (Parent) Council Executive will be elected as well this evening.
TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM (teacher presentation)
Do you want to learn more about technology in the classroom? What role does technology play in your child’s courses? What is the school’s policy on technology use by teachers? What about the policy on technology use by students? Can your child have their laptop open during class? What is ‘Moodle’ and who uses it? Our NT teachers will answer these questions and provide a very unique chance to learn about technology at NTCI.
When? Monday, September 15, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Where? Room 215 (2nd floor)
Attending NT Council Meetings is an excellent way to keep current on NT activities and to share information with other NT parents. We look forward to seeing you!
NT School (Parent) Council
All student passwords for TDSB computers have been reset to the “secret shared password”