SEPTEMBER 2020 ENROLMENT AT NORTH TORONTO
- Grade 8 Student Visits – Thursday, December 12, 2019 for admission in September 2020.
- Grade 8 Parent Information Meetings – Thursday, December 12, 2019.
- Applications are due by 4 pm on Friday, January 31, 2020.
Open House/Information Sessions
- Parent Information Evening – Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Please arrive at 6:00 to pick up information.
- If you do not attend a feeder school, please call the Guidance office at 416-393-9180 ext. 20040
- There is no parking at North Toronto CI. Families are encouraged to take public transit and to arrive early.
- Grade 8 Students Visits – Thursday, December 12, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- For feeder schools and in-district students only.
Priority for Optional Attendance acceptance at North Toronto CI:
- Priority 1: Students who have sibling(s) at North Toronto CI who are expected to be in the school for the next school year.
- Priority 2 – 4: N/A at North Toronto
- Priority 5: Feeder school students who are currently under optional attendance.
- Priority 6: Students who are in district to the feeder school, but not in district to North Toronto CI.
- Priority 7: Other student residents in the city of Toronto.
To confirm that you live in the NTCI attendance area, please check the Board website:
- www.tdsb.on.ca > Find Your School (see top right corner)
For Grade 9
- TDSB in-district students will complete a course selection form at their school.
- In-district students going to a private/separate school can pick-up a registration package beginning in December.
For Grades 10-12
- Senior students are considered “in-district” to North Toronto CI if they are attending a private or separate school and living in the North Toronto catchment area.
- In-district students attending another TDSB school must complete an Optional Attendance Form as their current school is considered to be their home school.
- You will be asked to supply documentation that you live in our area.
- Letters of acceptance will be sent advising students that registration appointments will be scheduled in early April.
Out of District Applicants
All students who do not live within our attendance area must apply through the Board Optional Attendance policy:
- Students attending a TDSB school must pick up the Optional Attendance form from their current school. Non-TDSB students should pick up the Optional Attendance form from any TDSB school or Board office. In all cases, the present school principal should sign this form.
- Completed Optional Attendance applications must be received by North Toronto C.I. by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 31st, 2020. If there are more applicants than openings, a lottery will be conducted. Priority is in the following order:
- Siblings of students who are NTCI students and who are continuing at the school
- Students attending our feeder schools (Deer Park, Glenview, Hodgson)
- Other students residing within the City of Toronto
- Families will be notified by mail about their status after the lottery. Families of in-coming grade 9 students must confirm their acceptance of the offer of admission by returning a completed Course Selection Sheet to North Toronto C.I. by February 28th, 2020. Families of in-coming grade 10-12 students will be sent a package detailing steps to be followed before making an appointment for interview for admission.
Summary of Important 2020 Dates:
- January 31st – Applications Due by 4:00 pm sharp.
- First week of February – lottery will be held.
- February 14 – Parents notified of acceptance/non-acceptance to NTCI.
- February 28th – Course Selection Forms due.
- February 18 – Deadline to register for advanced placement in French or Spanish. (Register from Feb. 3rd to Feb. 18th)
- Immersion, Extended French or Francophones and Native Spanish Speakers ONLY.
- The French and Spanish placement tests are after school from 4 – 6 p.m. on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at NTCI. No documentation necessary. Advanced placement will be determined by placement test only. Please check in BEFORE 3:45 in room 320.
- Please do not register early, this form may be cleared before February 3rd, 2020.