SEPTEMBER 2013 ENROLMENT AT NORTH TORONTO
This page is now updated for 2013 admission
For those students offered Optional Attendance spots for Grade 9,
your Course Selection Forms must be submitted by March 1.
If you have been offered a spot for Grade 9 next year you may click below to register for enriched placement in Mathematics or French:
- Grade 8 students attending a TDSB school should receive a Course Selection Sheet from their present school.
- Students who are coming from independent (private) or separate schools should pick up an enrolment package in January. You will be asked to supply documentation that you live in our area.
- To confirm that you live in the NTCI attendance area, please check the Board website
www.tdsb.on.ca > Find Your School
- Students presently in Grades 9-12 attending an independent (private) or separate school should pick up an enrolment package in January. You will be asked to supply documentation that you live in our area.
- Students presently in Grades 9-12 residing in the area but attending a TDSB school, must apply for enrolment through the Optional Attendance process.
- Completed applications must be received by North Toronto C.I. before 4:00 p.m. on February 1, 2013.
Out of District Applicants
All students who do not live within our attendance area must apply through the Board Optional Attendance policy:
www.tdsb.on.ca (Quick Links > Optional Attendance Information).
- Students attending a TDSB school must pick up the Optional Attendance form from their current school. Non-TDSB students should pick up the Optional Attendance form from any TDSB school or Board office. In all cases, the present school principal should sign this form.
- Completed Optional Attendance applications must be received by North Toronto C.I. by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 1, 2013. If there are more applicants than openings, a lottery will be conducted on the evening of February 1, 2013.
Priority is in the following order:
- Siblings of students who are NTCI students and who are continuing
at the school
- Students attending our feeder schools (Deer Park, Glenview,
- Other students residing within the City of Toronto
- Families will be notified by mail about their status after the lottery. Families of in-coming grade 9 students must confirm their acceptance of the offer of admission by returning a completed Course Selection Sheet to North Toronto C.I. by March 1, 2013. Families of in-coming grade 10-12 students will be sent a package detailing steps to be followed before making an appointment for interview for admission.
Summary of Important 2013 Dates:
- February 1st: Applications Due by 4:00.
- Early February - lottery will be held.
- February 15 - Parents notified of acceptance/non-acceptance to NTCI.
- March 1 - Course Selection Forms due.
- March 1 - Deadline to register for Enriched Placement in mathematics and french.
- Grade 9 Enriched Math Eligibility Test - 4:00 p.m., Thursday, March 7, 2013
- Enriched French Placement Test - 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 5, 2013