Please mark your calendars for the first North Toronto Parent Council meeting of the 2015/16 academic year
WELCOME – MEET THE ADMINISTRATION & TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
Want to know what’s going on at NT? This is your chance! Meet the administrative staff, teacher representatives and executives from the School (Parent) and Student Councils. Some of the topics you will hear about include overview of the school calendar with many events planned, initiatives around social media and cyber safety, changes to exam policy, etc. The new School (Parent) Council Executive will be elected as well this evening.
When? Monday, September 28, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Where? Room 215 (2nd floor)
Attending NT Council Meetings is an excellent way to keep current on NT activities and to share information with other NT parents. We look forward to seeing you!
NT School (Parent) Council
At North Toronto, we are participating in the tdsbCARES: Refugee Crisis Appeal to support the Canadian Red Cross as they provide assistance to the hundreds of thousands of people who are fleeing war and hunger in countries like Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq.
We will be collecting donations of cash or cheques, which will be forwarded through the TDSB to the Canadian Red Cross. The charity will issue tax receipts for all online donations as well donations via cheque (minimum value of $20). The TDSB fundraising appeal will run until December 11th. The federal government has announced that they will match all eligible donations made by that date (up to $100 million) and set aside each dollar in its own Syria Emergency Relief Fund.
With thousands of people impacted by this ongoing crisis,the need is great. With that in mind, we are asking students, staff, parents and our school community to do what they can. No gift is too small or insignificant. Your donations are much appreciated.
Thank you for your support.
Timetable Changes 2015-2016
Wednesday, September 2nd
- For all requests: You must have signed permission from a parent/guardian indicating the course(s) you wish to add and/or drop.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Students entering Grades 10, 11, and 12 requiring timetable changes as a result of summer school
- Non-TDSB Public or Separate School Board Courses (eg. TCDSB, YRDSB…) – please bring the original report card with you.
- Private School Courses – you must have your report card sent directly to us by mail or courier. We are unable to add this course to your record and drop the corresponding one until we have received this.
- TDSB Courses – courses taken with our school board appear automatically on your transcript; no report card is required.
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Students entering Grades 10, 11, and 12 with any other timetable change requests
Timetable Change Period: Tuesday, September 8th at 2:00 p.m. until Thursday, September 17th
- Students may request timetable changes during this period through the Guidance Office. These requests will be processed based on the following priority sequence:
- admission pre-requisite required for post-secondary plans,
- change in level (between Applied, Academic, and Enriched),
- summer school credit completed,
- new registrations,
- straight drops (Grade 11 and 12 students may drop courses without penalty up until the Full Disclosure deadline in April),
- and electives.
- All changes are subject to availability.
- Process for Requesting Timetable Changes
- Beginning September 8th, students will be able to make ONE request for an appointment to change their timetable. In the event that a course is full, students will be given the option to have a space on the waiting list. Should a space become available in the requested course, the student will then automatically be placed and an email will be sent indicating that their new timetable is available for pick up.
- Students who wish only to drop a course can come to the Guidance Office Tuesday, September 8th between 2:00 and 3:15 p.m.
Here is your 2015-16 Student Council:
- President – Jack Matthews
- Senior VP – Aris Van Halteren
- Junior VP – Cameron Cawston
- Treasurer – Minjae Kim
- Secretary – Eleni Anastasiadis
- Environmental Minister – Riley Scanlan
- Music Council Pres- Hayley McIlwraith
- Social Convenor – Heather Robertson
- NTAA Female Pres – Jocelyn Rough
- NTAA Male Pres – Jeff McPherson