The admissions process is complete for September 2017. Please check back in November for 2018 admissions.
SEPTEMBER 2017 ENROLMENT AT NORTH TORONTO
Open House/Information Sessions
- There will be a Parent Information Session on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
There is no parking at North Toronto C.I., so families are encouraged to take public transit and to arrive early.
- There will also be a session for in-coming Grade 9 students on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. If Grade 8 students attend a school that is NOT coming formally as a group, then advanced registration is necessary and should be arranged starting in December by calling (416) 393-9180 x 20040.
- Grade 8 students attending a TDSB school should receive a Course Selection Sheet from their present school.
- Students who are coming from independent (private) or separate schools should pick up an enrolment package in January. You will be asked to supply documentation that you live in our area.
- To confirm that you live in the NTCI attendance area, please check the Board website
www.tdsb.on.ca > Find Your School (see top right corner)
- Students presently in Grades 9-12 attending an independent (private) or separate school should pick up an enrolment package in January. You will be asked to supply documentation that you live in our area.
- Students presently in Grades 9-12 residing in the area but attending a TDSB school, must apply for enrolment through the Optional Attendance process. (Completed applications must be received by North Toronto C.I. before 4:00 p.m. on February 3, 2017.)
Out of District Applicants
All students who do not live within our attendance area must apply through the Board Optional Attendance policy:
www.tdsb.on.ca (see “High School”, “going to High School”) Select “optional attendance”
- Students attending a TDSB school must pick up the Optional Attendance form from their current school. Non-TDSB students should pick up the Optional Attendance form from any TDSB school or Board office. In all cases, the present school principal should sign this form.
- Completed Optional Attendance applications must be received by North Toronto C.I. by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2017. If there are more applicants than openings, a lottery will be conducted. Priority is in the following order:
- Siblings of students who are NTCI students and who are continuing at the school
- Students attending our feeder schools (Deer Park, Glenview, Hodgson)
- Other students residing within the City of Toronto
- Families will be notified by mail about their status after the lottery. Families of in-coming grade 9 students must confirm their acceptance of the offer of admission by returning a completed Course Selection Sheet to North Toronto C.I. by March 3, 2017. Families of in-coming grade 10-12 students will be sent a package detailing steps to be followed before making an appointment for interview for admission.
Summary of Important 2017 Dates:
- February 3rd – Applications Due by 4:00.
- Early February – lottery will be held.
- February 17 – Parents notified of acceptance/non-acceptance to NTCI.
- March 3 – Course Selection Forms due.
- February 24, 2017 – Deadline to register for Enriched Placement in mathematics and french. (Register after Feb. 1st and before Feb. 24th)
- Grade 9 Enriched Math Eligibility Test – 3:45 pm, Thursday, March 2, 2017
- Enriched French Placement Test – 3:45 pm, Tuesday, February 28, 2017 – please arrive at 3:30
- A new system will be in place for February 2018.