As part of its mission to support current students through scholarships and grants, the North Toronto Foundation recently invited students from interested clubs, teams and initiatives to apply for funds from the Foundation. Dubbed the Dragons’ Den by Foundation members, events such as these give alumni board members a chance to meet with current students and get a better sense of what it is that NT students are doing when they aren’t in the classroom. After the evening, Foundation members were left with a sense of amazement and pride, Continue reading NTCI’s Own Dragons’ Den
25 Bright Red Binders
When I took over the care of the NT Archives in the 1990s, they were situated in a former kitchen in the basement of the old school. At the time, I noticed a stack of binders piled high amid the rafters of the storage room. There were 25 of these bright red books, with gold lettering on the spines declaring that they were the Don Wright Collection. I had a huge job just trying to identify and organize the Archives, and so I left the binders to sleep where they were and focused on more immediate tasks.
Who Was Don Wright?
However, I did enquire of the Music Department, Just who was this Don Wright? Continue reading Don Wright’s Legacy Finds a New Home
Two NTCI’s best athletes have retired from their respective professions this spring and capped off amazing athletic careers. Continue reading Two NT Athletes “Retire” after Highly Successful Careers!
Red & Grey Day Homecoming
- intercollegiate games will be scheduled throughout the day:
- 8:00 – Field Hockey – NT vs Humberside, tier 1 league game
- 11:30 – Field Hockey – NT vs UTS, exhibition game
- 11:30 – Varsity Girls Basketball – NT vs TBA, league game (Gym)
- 2:30 – Senior Volleyball – NT vs Riverdale, league game (Gym)
- 2:30 – Senior Football – NT vs Central Tech, league game
- 3:45 – Junior Volleyball – NT vs Riverdale, league game(Gym)
- 4:00 – Field Hockey – NT vs East York, tier 2 league game
- View the games from the stands or
- View the outdoor games from the comfort of the Staff Lounge on the second floor, room 229 – 1:00 – 5:30
- Light snacks and refreshments will be available.
- Meet members of the NT Foundation, student athletes and current and retired staff and coaches.
- Confirmed Coaches: Mr Johnston, Russell, Beckett, Smith and Doyle
- Vintage swag should be available in limited quantities.
- Better still, why not wear one of your old vintage jackets or sweaters or cap or bandana??
- Self guided tours of the school: check out the glory boards, new trophy cases, alumni courtyard and new facilities.
- NTCI Alumni Class (year) Rep Workshop — 4:30 – 5:15
- The Athletic Council ( NTAA formeroy the BAA & GAA) will be setting up a BBQ with hot dogs for sale by the field. Come and reconnect with old pals and see red and grey day on our own premises!!!
- Perhaps the 1976 senior football team, celebrating their 40th anniversary of winning the city championship, will make it to the football game and reception!!
- Post game reception at the Granite Brewery — 5:00 – 7:30
- Southeast corner of Mt Pleasant and Eglinton
- Free underground parking
- Finger Food
The Foundation knows that most strong alumni associations rely on the existence of vibrant class organizations. We know that several NT classes have been able to maintain their contacts over the years. The Foundation would like to encourage and support this concept by fostering the growth of class rep organizations.
To this end we we are sponsoring a workshop at the school for those NTCI alumni who are currently involved in organizing get-togethers for their classmates, and those who would like to have closer contact with their former classmates.
Date: Thursday, October 13, 2016 (Red and Grey Day)
Time: 4:30 – 5:15 p.m.
Location: NTCI, exact location TBA (meet in staff lounge – 2nd floor)
This workshop will be led by Martha Drake, Executive Director of Advancement, University of Toronto Schools.
If you are interested in attending this workshop or if you would like help in connecting with your classmates—and organizing a class rep organization—please contact Stan Pearl (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lisa Cain (email@example.com).