This post is to inform you about the introduction of Canada’s new Anti-Spam Legislation(CASL),which took effect on July 1, 2014. CASL prohibits the sending of any type of electronic message that is commercial in nature unless the recipient has provided consent first. As a result, Toronto District School Board requires your consent to receive any electronic messages which contain advertising or promotions regarding school fundraisers, lunch programs, field trips, the sale of yearbooks, purchasing of student photos, books, prom or dance tickets, athletic events with an entry fee or similar events and offers.
If you wish to allow your email address to be used for the above communications from us, please provide consent by completing the online consent form <http://www.tdsb.on.ca/Survey/CASL>.
- Click on the “School commercial electronic messages” box,
- then select our school name from the dropdown menu (which will appear) before submitting the form.
If you have children that attend other schools, you will need to submit a separate consent form for each school.
- You will continue to receive school related non-commercial electronic messages through the existing e-mail system.
- If you do not wish to receive commercial electronic messages (CEMs) from the school no action is required.
- A new mailing list will likely be created to send you CEMs – information about events & fundraisers etc…
You may choose to unsubscribe from commercial emails at any time by emailing email@example.com
For more information, please visit the TDSBwebsite.<http://www.tdsb.on.ca/CanadaAntiSpamLegislation.aspx>